Saint Aubin du Luigné The pearl of Layon


Saint Aubin is today one of the most recognized villages in the wine landscape of Anjou, for the quality of its wines, but also for the history it carries and which is highlighted through several monuments and historical passages.


En savoir +


Built almost 500 years ago, this noble building has now become the Town Hall of Saint Aubin which also serves as an exhibition room for painting, photos or any other cultural aspect of our region.


En savoir +



The Guérin Mill is a tower mill on the right bank of the layon that operates facing the prevailing wind and thanks to its exposure on the ridge. The Guérin mill is a low mill (7 to 8 meters).


En savoir +

the ANGEVIN Cornice

The department of Maine-et-Loire is divided into two major geological units: the eastern half is part of the Paris basin, the western half (Saint Aubin de Luigné) is attached to the Armorican Massif (of the primary era).


En savoir 


coal mines

In 1964, the last mine of the region, the mine of Malécot in Chaudefonds sur Layon stopped its activities. In St Aubin, the last mines of Roulerie and Bruandières stopped earlier, in 1914, at the beginnings of the war.



En savoir +


The Layon was canalised during the XVIIIth century to make it navigable in order to carry the coal from St Georges Chatelaison, today known as St. Georges sur Layon.


En savoir +





On the Anjou’s side, the Loire makes an bow of 130km, which fire its luminous arrows from Montsoreau in Tourraine to the gates of the Atlantic ocean.



En savoir +